A torque analyzer or a torque sensor is a finely tuned laboratory-grade instrument for measuring torque, calibrating and verifying torque tools. Torque measurement equipment requires regular calibration to ensure accuracy and precision.
Calibration is the method of comparing tools and measuring devices to higher accuracy standards. Torque calibration equipment is the official means by which torque testers and sensors are calibrated and are traceable to National or International Standards, such as N.I.S.T and ISO.
Companies that invest in calibration equipment must ensure their processes conform to national and international standards. Calibrating torque tools requires proper staff training. Prevent a correction action from being issued due to an expired calibration with torque instruments. Lapses in calibrating torque measurement instruments expose a manufacturer to inaccurate measurements.
Learn how to implement the calibration process for torque analyzers and sensors.
What You Will Learn:
- Knowledge of the most common equipment solutions used for calibrating a torque analyzer or sensor
- Steps to properly calibrate your torque analyzer or sensor
- Techniques to minimize reduce risks and costs
- How to establish and schedule a regular calibration regimen
- Methods to create calibration documentation and measurement traceability
- Difference Between NIST traceable and ISO/IEC 17025 accredited calibrations
- Best practices to ensure your instruments are in tolerance and making accurate measurements
- Certified calibration service providers vs. in-house calibration laboratory costs analysis
A torque analyzer and torque sensor are vital instruments for a calibration program. Investing in torque calibration equipment eliminates downtime and expenses for shipping testers and sensors back and forth to an outside calibration lab. It allows you to calibrate instruments more often and reduce calibration turnaround times and costs. Learn more about the calibration process and international standard requirements for a torque analyzer and sensor.
Mountz torque calibration equipment are U.S. manufactured and engineered with Silicon Valley innovation and excellence. To see our full range of products, shop our store. Contact us anytime to ask a question. To inquire about price, request a quote. If you’d like to see our equipment in person, schedule an appointment. To get the latest torque-related news, follow us on LinkedIn.